A 2019-es tavaszi (május 1-jétől június 12-éig tartó) és őszi (szeptember 1-jétől november 30-áig tartó) időszakra 2018. november 30-ig lehet pályázni. A pályázati felület angol nyelvű.
A Visegrádi Irodalmi Rezidens program 2012-ben indult. Az évente meghirdetett tavaszi és őszi ösztöndíjra 18. életévüket betöltött, legalább egy kötettel megjelent szépírók, költők, és rangos folyóiratokban legalább 3 publikációval rendelkező kritikusok, műfordítók, kulturális újságírók pályázhatnak a visegrádi országokból. Az ösztöndíjprogram főkoordinátora a krakkói Villa Decius, partnerintézményei a prágai Institut umeni, a pozsonyi Literárne informačné centrum és a budapesti Petőfi Irodalmi Múzeum.
További információ a programról: https://pim.hu/hu/visegrad-literary-residency-program
és a pályázatról: https://pim.hu/hu/visegrad-literary-residency-program
VLRP a Facebookon: https://www.facebook.com/vlrpbudapest
Visegrad Literary Residency Program
The Visegrad Literary Residency Program, established 2012 by the International Visegrad Fund, consists of a series of residency stays and literary events addressed to writers of fiction and non-fiction, poets, essayists, critics as well as literary translators, publicists and journalists from the Visegrad Countries (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia).
It is based on a partnership of 4 Host Institutions, one in each V4 country: Institut umeni (Arts Institute) in Prague, Petőfi Irodalmi Múzeum (Petőfi Literary Museum) in Budapest, Stowarzyszenie Willa Decjusza (Villa Decius Association) in Krakow and Literárne informačné centrum (Centre for Information on Literature) in Bratislava.
The Program will provide opportunities to host from and in all V4 member states and to support work and mobility of talented Literary Residents, to create a platform for information exchange and to support development and promotion of the V4 literature in Central Europe.
The Villa Decius Association acts as the Coordinator of the Program.
The 2019 edition of the Program will enable 32 Literary Residents to carry their literary projects in 4 Host Institutions in one of the given periods: 1st May – 12th June 2019 (Compact Spring Edition) or 1st September – 30th November 2019 (Regular Autumn Edition).
Each of the Host Institutions will be responsible for organizing two stays of two groups of 4 Literary Residents each (one from the Czech Republic, one from Hungary, one from Poland and one from Slovakia), who will be working on their individual literary projects, and also participate together in literary event(s) organized in the hosting city by the Host Institution.
The recruitment process of 32 grantees of the Program (8 from the Czech Republic, 8 from Hungary, 8 from Poland and 8 Slovakia) will be based on individual applications submitted via an online application form, which will be opened on the website of the Villa Decius Association. For more about criteria and implementation of residential stays, please look at Call for Applications.
The residences will be assigned to applicants in a 3 stage selection process by a national and international Selection Panel on the basis of proportional and equal involvement of Czech, Hungarian, Polish and Slovak residents and Host Institutions.
More information and helpdesk:
Paweł Łyżwiński: email@example.com
Małgorzata Różańska- Mglej: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical problems with online application: email@example.com
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Visegrad Literary Residency Program 2019:
Compact Spring Edition – 1stMay-12thJune 2019
Regular Autumn Edition – 1stSeptember-30thNovember 2019
Application and criteria
Who can apply for a scholarship?
- writers of fiction and non-fiction, poets and literary translators with at least one book publication (min. 18 years old)
- essayists, critics, publicists and journalists with at least 3 publications in quality newspapers, magazines or electronic media (min. 18 years old)
How to apply for a scholarship?
- each applicant has to fill in the on-line application form(in English) containing:
- structured CV
- description of the literary plans for the residency
- list of publications
- motivation letter
- each applicant may attach other documents, recommendations etc. (in English) which she/he finds important for evaluating her/his application
What does the scholarship include?
- Accommodation in a shared apartment in the chosen Host City (one-person rooms with washroom facilities and free internet access, shared kitchen) from 1stMay to 12thJune 2019 (Compact Spring Edition) or 1stSeptember to 30thNovember 2019 (Regular Autumn Edition)
- A stipend of 1,125 EUR gross (Compact Spring Edition) or 2,250 EUR gross (Regular Autumn Edition)
- Support from the Host Institution in preparing for the stay, in organising literary meetings, interviews and workshops as well as networking with publishers and literary critics
Criteria of selection and access to the Program
Criteria of selection:
- professional approach towards literary work documented by previous texts (eg. articles, publications)
- quality of the residency plans (eg. contributing to development of national and/or V4 humanistic studies, promotion of V4 literatures, expanding the number of readers in V4, stimulation of V4 cooperation in the field of literature)
- credibility of residency plans presented in the application form
- good reputation and clear record in cooperation with the International Visegrad Fund
- readiness to participate in public literary meetings organised by the Host Institution
- willingness to collaborate with other VLRP literary residents and with the Host Institution in order to enhance the V4 added value of the Program
- declaration of presence at the Host Institution and their accommodation capacities during the whole residency period for the purpose of implementing the residency plans.
Access to the Program:
- Applicants must be citizens of one of the Visegrad Group states, i.e.: the Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland or Slovakia.
- Applicants cannot be current or former employees of International Visegrad Fund and/or any of the Host Institution.
- Applicants must apply under legal name provided in ID card/passport.
- Applicants’ previous projects supported by the International Visegrad Fund shall be finished and closed in the time of applying.
- Applicants shall be granted a Literary Residency within this Program only once in each V4 member state.
- Applicants must cover the costs of health insurance for the period of the Literary Residency by themselves.
Participating in the Program:
- All residents selected for Compact Spring Edition are expected to be at the Host Institution on 1 May 2019 and stay until 12 June 2019. Any delay in starting residency cannot be compensated by prolongation of stay.
- All residents selected for Regular Autumn Edition are expected to be at the Host Institution on 1 September and stay until 30 November 2019.Any delay in starting residency cannot be compensated by prolongation of stay.
- Residents may request “Days of Absence” from residencies on condition that they do not exceed 7 days in total during the whole residency period in Compact Spring Edition and 14 days in Regular Autumn Edition.
- In case of unexpected developments (professional or private issues), residents should immediately contact and discuss further steps with IVF and Host Institutions as it may affect the scholarship paid by the IVF.
Deadline for application: 30st November 2018 (midnight)
Results announced by IVF and Villa Decius Association: 15th January 2019
More information and helpdesk:
Paweł Łyżwiński firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical problems with online application: